Sourdough Pizza with Vegan Pesto
- 1 Stoke Market frozen sourdough pizza crust
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 Tbsp pine nuts, walnuts, or sunflower seeds
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 bunches fresh basil
- Juice from 1/2 a lemon
- Sea salt & pepper to taste
- 4 Tbsp virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- Whatever the heck else you like on your pizza (eg. roasted garlic, parmesan, goat cheese, feta, roasted pepper, arugula, spinach, pepperoni etc.)
- Take your pizza dough out of the freezer to thaw 3-4 hours before making the pizza.
- Preheat your oven to 500℉. If you have a pizza stone put it in the oven to heat.
- In a blender or food processor add the garlic, nuts/seeds, nutritional yeast and blend until it has a crumby texture.
- Add the basil, lemon juice, and salt & pepper and blend until combined.
- Add the olive oil last and blend until you have the pesto consistency of your liking.
- Add a bit of water if it is having trouble getting going. Do a taste test and add more salt or pepper if necessary.
- Shape your pizza dough and pre-bake your pizza dough for 5 minutes.
- Smear on the pesto. Top with cherry tomatoes and whatever else suits you.
- Cook until crust is brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oven, let cool, add any fresh greens if using, and enjoy.