Loyalty Program [Stoke] Market - Terms and Conditions
[STOKE] MARKET LOYALTY PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Published November 2021
The [stoke] Market customer loyalty program (“[stoke] Market Loyalty Program”) is administered by [stoke] Market (“[stoke] Market”).
- To participate in the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program, applicants must apply online to become a member and obtain the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program card at [stoke] Market store located in Kimberley, BC. Membership costs $2 and has to be paid at time of pick up. Simply apply through the stokemarkets.com website.
- [stoke] Market in its sole discretion will determine if a person qualifies for membership in [stoke] Market Loyalty Program. If accepted, the applicant (“Member”, “you”, and “your”) will be allocated a [stoke] Market card bearing a unique account number within 7 days.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age in order to enroll in the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program.
- [stoke] Market reserves the right to refuse membership to any individual who, in [stoke] Market’s sole discretion, does not follow the prescribed enrollment procedures or is not fully eligible to become a Member.
- Members should only have one [stoke] Market Loyalty Program account at a time. Inactive or extra accounts may be deleted as decided by [stoke] Market at its own discretion.
- The [stoke] Market Loyalty Program Card is not a credit card and has no inherent value. The [stoke] Market Loyalty Program Card is the property of [stoke] Market and it may be revoked and membership cancelled at any time by [stoke] Market in its sole discretion.
- Members should advise [stoke] Market of any changes to their personal information, including last name, address, telephone numbers and e-mail, either by emailing email@example.com or by contacting the store at (250) 427-4944
- [stoke] Market Loyalty Program is only available to individuals except with special permission from [stoke] Market.
Collection of Points
- To collect [stoke] Market Loyalty Program points (“Points”) following enrollment, a Member must make eligible purchases at [stoke] Market store and present their [stoke] Market Loyalty Program Card before the point of purchase. The Member’s Card and/or any other access device or method capable of verifying [stoke] Market Loyalty Program membership, as [stoke] Market may determine from time to time (collectively, the “Card”) must be presented to the cashier or point of sale before the qualifying purchase transaction is completed.
- If the Card or number is not available at the time of purchase, the Member won’t get the applicable points for that transaction.
Points will be awarded based on the following rules : [stoke] Market awards 1 Point per $2 spent, 50% of Points on Gas Purchases, 10% more Points on products from the Coffee Bar.
The number of Points to be awarded will be calculated by reference to the net pre-tax total (purchase price less discounts) of each qualifying purchase rounded to the nearest dollar spent. Special promotions from time to time offering additional Points on certain products or for spending a certain amount on qualifying purchases, once awarded, shall form part of the Member’s Points balance.
- Points may not be issued on the purchase of the following items/services: Gas if not purchased at inside till, Items on promotion, delivery charges (where applicable), the Points redemption portion of a transaction, and any other items specified as exclusions from time to time or where prohibited by law. At that time, no Points will be issued for purchases completed through the online Store stokemarkets.com. Points will be awarded when a Member pays for a purchase with a gift card. Points will not be issued on the purchase of gift cards.
- Points may be shown on the cash register receipt for each purchase at the [stoke] Market store when a Card is presented before the completion of the purchase transaction.
- [stoke] Market may refuse to record Points in your account, or if already recorded, may cancel them or refuse to honour them, if [stoke] Market cannot confirm that they were properly issued or collected.
- Any discrepancies in Points earned must be addressed with [stoke] Market within sixty (60) days of the date on which the transaction giving rise to the discrepancy occurred, unless such discrepancy relates to Points allocated to a Member improperly or in error.
- You must reimburse [stoke] Market for, or return to [stoke] Market, any Rewards for which you redeemed Points that were allocated to your account improperly or in error, in [stoke] Market’s sole discretion. [stoke] Market may deduct any such Points from your account or seek any other legal alternatives available to [stoke] Market.
- Upon the death of a Member or cancellation of a [stoke] Market Loyalty Program account: all collected Points will be forfeited without compensation and the Points balance will be reduced to zero.
- Should any Member not acquire or redeem any Points for a period of eighteen (18) consecutive months, at [stoke] Market’s sole discretion their membership may be deemed to be inactive, the Member’s account closed, and any Points in the account forfeited without compensation.
Redemption of Points
- Points may be redeemed by Members for credit toward their next purchases at [stoke] Market. Credit is based on 100 Points = $1. Points can be redeemed as soon as the Member reaches 100 Points.
- In accordance with Federal and Provincial tax legislation, GST, PST, HST and any other applicable taxes are calculated and payable by the Member on the purchase price of any item after any reduction for redeemed Points. Other fees, such as environmental handling fees, may be added to the purchase price where required by law.
- A Member’s Points balance will be reduced by the number of Points redeemed during a transaction. Unredeemed Points plus any Points earned in the current transaction will remain in the Member’s Points account and can be applied to a subsequent transaction. Points can only be redeemed if the required Point redemption level is acquired prior to the transaction.
- Points may be redeemed in store by any Member presenting a Card. Members may be required to provide proof of identity when redeeming Points.
- Members are responsible for the security and privacy of their Cards and Account numbers. You must immediately report a lost or stolen Card to [stoke] Market by contacting [stoke] Market at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the [stoke] Market store. Upon [stoke] Market being reasonably satisfied of the Member’s identity, a new Card will be issued with a new [stoke] Market Loyalty Program account number and the old account number deactivated. The Member’s accumulated unredeemed Points balance will not be transferred to the new account.
- Members are responsible for all use of their Card and Account number by any other person, and [stoke] Market assumes no liability or responsibility for Points redeemed by any person(s), prior to [stoke] Market receiving notification from a Member that their Card has been lost or stolen.
- From time to time, [stoke] Market may advertise exclusive offers to Members with respect to the collection of Points other than as specified in the Term and Conditions.
- Points have no cash value and are not exchangeable for cash. Points cannot be sold or purchased. Points are void if sold for cash or any other consideration.
- [stoke] Market reserves the right to terminate the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program at any time by providing reasonable notice in [stoke] Market stores and on the Website, as well as by notification to such Members as have provided an email address to [stoke] Market. If events beyond [stoke] Market’s control materially affect [stoke] Market’s ability to operate the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program, the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program may be suspended or terminated without notice.
- [stoke] Market may restrict, suspend or otherwise alter any aspect of the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program, without notice. Any material changes to these terms and conditions will be made available on the Website.
- A Member may cancel their [stoke] Market Loyalty Program membership with written notice to [stoke] Market or such other communication reasonably satisfactory to [stoke] Market.
- Submission of an online application form, and/or first usage of a Card constitutes agreement by the Member to these Terms and Conditions.
- Any abuse by a Member of the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program privileges, any failure by a Member to follow the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program rules, regulations, these Terms and Conditions, or any misrepresentation by a Member may, at [stoke] Market’s sole discretion, subject the Member to expulsion from the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program, including forfeiture of all accumulated Points without compensation.
- Upon suspension or termination of the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program program for any reason whatsoever, [stoke] Market will not have any liability therefor to Member and is automatically released from all claims by Members in respect of such suspension, termination, forfeiture, or redemption of Points or otherwise resulting from such suspension or termination.
- Any federal and/or provincial tax liability and reporting obligations for any taxes (including, but not limited to, personal income tax reporting) arising from the accrual or redemption of Points, is your responsibility. You should consult with your personal tax advisor in order to determine any personal tax consequences. You understand and agree that [stoke] Market will not issue tax receipts in respect of the Program. You hereby agree to release [stoke] Market and its affiliates, directors, officers and employees from any and all claims in respect of any tax liability resulting from your participation in the Program.
- [stoke] Market and its affiliates, officers or directors do not have any responsibility or liability for any expense, loss, cost, injury, damage, delay, accident or any other matter or thing whatsoever (collectively, "Costs"), however suffered or caused (including compensatory, incidental, indirect, special, punitive, consequential or exemplary damages or damages for loss of income or profits), directly or indirectly arising out of or related to
- the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program or your participation in the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program;
- any failure, delay or decision by us in administering the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program or amending these Terms and Conditions or the basis on which you can redeem Points;
- unauthorized use of your Card;
- any offer, representation, statement or claim about the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program, made by any other person;
- Any waiver by [stoke] Market of the strict observance, performance or compliance by a Member with any of the Terms and Conditions contained herein, either expressly granted or by course of conduct, shall not be deemed to be a waiver of any rights or remedies of [stoke] Market as a result of any other failure to observe, perform or comply with the Terms and Conditions. No delay or omission by [stoke] Market in exercising any right or remedy hereunder shall operate as waiver thereof or of any other right or remedy.
- These Terms and Conditions may be different from what you understand about the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program. These Terms and Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and [stoke] Market regarding your participation in the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program, your entitlement to collect and redeem Points and your entitlement to any other benefits of the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program, and supersede all previous versions. Except as expressly contained in these Terms and Conditions, there are no conditions, representations, warranties, express or implied, statutory or otherwise. When you deal with [stoke] Market over the Internet, you consent to the formation of contractual relations through electronic communications. We are the final authority as to the interpretation of these Terms and Conditions and as to any other questions or disputes regarding the [stoke] Market Loyalty Program. Unless we otherwise elect, any dispute regarding these Terms and Conditions, including validity, existence, binding effect, interpretation, performance, breach or termination, and including tort claims, shall be referred to and finally determined, to the exclusion of the courts, by a single arbitrator. The arbitration shall take place in Vancouver, British Columbia, in English, and in accordance with British Columbia laws. The arbitration shall be conducted in strict confidence with no disclosure to any person of the fact of the dispute or any aspect of the dispute except as necessary for resolution of the dispute.