Romanesco & Smoked Salmon Salad
- 1 head romanesco cauliflower
- 1 1/2 cups chickpeas
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 avocado cut into cubes
- 3 Tbsp capers
- 4 oz salmon lox
- 2 cups fresh arugula
- Sprouts (garnish)
- Prepare the romanesco. Cut off the leaves and send them to the compost. Then cut off the stem and cut it into chunks. Pull apart the top bit of the romanesco with your hands and cut any bigger bits in half.
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil in a large pot. Add 2 tsp salt and the romanesco (including the stem). Boil for 2-3 minutes or until just tender.
- Take romanesco out and add it to a bowl of ice water. Mix the dressing ingredients together.
- In a bowl combine all the salad ingredients. Then add the dressing, garnish it with sprouts, and enjoy :)