Carrot Top Pesto
● 4 clove garlic, crushed
● ¾ cup cashews*
● ½ cup fresh parmesan or nutritional yeast (if you’re going for dairy free)
● 1 tsp sea salt
● 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
● 1 ½ cups of carrot tops, chopped
● 1 ½ cups arugula
● Juice and zest of 1 lemon
● ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
*Cashews can be substituted with basically any nut or seeds. Pistachios, walnuts, pecans,
sunflower seeds are all good options. It’s also a great option to do a mix.
1. Put the garlic and the nuts/seeds into a food processor or blender. Pulse until crumbly.
2. Add the parmesan/nutritional yeast, sea salt, pepper, greens, and the lemon juice and
zest. Pulse until combined.
3. Finally pulse in the oil. Do a taste test and add salt as needed.
4. Enjoy as you would a traditional pesto, as a dip, spread, or sauce, with the added
satisfaction of knowing you have finally found a use for those carrot tops that usually find