Caramelized Christmas Carrots
- 2 bunches of carrots
- 5 cloves garlic
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter or avocado oil
- 1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar or balsamic vinegar
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- Take the tops off and wash the carrots. It’s okay to leave a little green on them as this adds some aesthetic pleasure. If the carrots are small you can leave them whole. Otherwise cut them in half lengthwise.
- Heat a pan on the stove to medium heat. Add the carrots and pour in just enough water to cover them. Peel the garlic and crush the cloves with the side of your knife. Add them whole to the pan. Sprinkle in some salt and pepper and add the butter/oil and the vinegar.
- Cook on medium until the water has evaporated, about 20 minutes. Add the thyme and some more salt and pepper according to your taste. Cook for another 5 minutes flipping them intermittently or until they are starting to brown and caramelize. Turn the heat down if they start to stick to the pan.
- Enjoy as a side dish, appy, or a snack with dip, alongside some good company and a glass of mead.