Saucy Spaghetti Squash Sliders with Slaw
For the Squash
● 1 large spaghetti squash
● Avocado oil
● Sea salt & freshly ground pepper
● 1 cup of BBQ sauce (or more if you like it saucy)
● 2 tsp herbs de provence or rosemary (optional)
For the Slaw
● 1 ½ cup red or green cabbage (or a mix), shredded
● ⅔ cup carrots, shredded
● 1 small red onion, sliced thinly
● ⅓ cup avocado oil
● ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
● 3 Tbsp tahini
● 2 Tbsp maple syrup or honey
● 1 tsp sea salt
And Don’t Forget:
● More BBQ sauce (if you like it REALLY saucy)
● Buns (big buns, small buns, gluten-free buns or whatever buns you like)
1. Preheat the oven to 425℉.
2. For the Squash: Cut the spaghetti squash in half and scoop out the seeds (which you
can roast later if you’re into it). Brush with a thin layer of oil and sprinkle with salt and
pepper. Put them face down on a baking sheet and cook for 35-45 minutes or until the
shell collapses easily when poked and the contents of the squash are tender.
3. For the Slaw: Meanwhile mix the cabbage, carrots, and onions together in a large bowl.
Blend the rest of the slaw ingredients in a blender. Pour the dressing into the vegetable
4. Back to the Squash: Scoop out the squash innards into a mesh strainer and let it drain
for at least 5 minutes. Put into a bowl and mix with the BBQ sauce and herbs.
5. Time to Assemble: Warm up your buns if you’re into that sort of thing. The rest is self
explanatory. Put everything into the buns…
6. Enjoy: With good friends on the porch or sitting on a couch, with a cold beer in hand (or
whatever beverage you prefer).